Engagement is the process of selecting an external supplier to provide services to you. You select suppliers from a pop-up window in the ‘Project’ workspace.
There are two ways you can engage a supplier:
- Proposal: ‘Proposal’ is used if you want to send a description of your project and a request for a proposal to a supplier. This is generally used if you want to receive a quote and proposal from a supplier. Suppliers cannot accept a project in the ‘Propose’ state, Buyers must ‘Offer’ the project first
- Offer: ‘Offer’ is used if you have an established relationship with the supplier in place and want to move ahead directly without receiving a proposal first
When you’ve set up your project (External collaboration workflow only), you are ready to select a supplier and offer the work to them.
There are a number of ways to engage a Supplier on a Project. You can:
- Conduct an open search on Dazychain
- Select from your Organisation’s panel
Steps to engage another organisation:
- Create a new project using 'Project workflow with external payments' or 'Project workflow without invoicing'
- Fill in the project information, select your internal team in the 'Collaborator' tab and add your deliverables (internal activities for deliverables that will be worked on internally and external activities for deliverable that you would like to work on with the other organisation)
- On the Project summary screen, select the 'Select Supplier' or 'Select Buyer' button and select the organisation, you would like to work with.
- Search for the organisation and select the 'Offer' button to offer the project to the organisation or 'Propose' button to present the project to the organisation