Project duplication is a useful new functionality. Projects can now be duplicated, and all comments, documents, deliverables and details will be copied. If this is an external project type, the supplier is removed, and you can select a new supplier:
- Project will be named ‘Copy of…’ which can be edited
- Project reverts to a created state
- Supplier removed
- Private supplier comments and documents are not copied
- All external deliverables are returned to a created state
- All internal deliverables will be are returned to an open state
- All data entered in the template is retained
- Templates are duplicated exactly as they appear in the current project
- Only projects created by your organisation can be duplicated by you
This feature can also be used in the event you are updating your preferred suppliers with projects the are currently open, retaining all project data without the trouble of manually re-entering all the information.
To duplicate a project:
- Go to Projects and select the project you want to duplicate
- Click on the green dots at the top right corner, and select Duplicate
- A confirmation pop up will appear, click yes to continue
- The new duplicated project will appear, titled 'Copy of....'
Project details, deliverables, comments, and documents that have been created or uploaded by your organisation have been copied over. Supplier owned deliverables, comments or documents do not get duplicated.
- Internal deliverables revert to a Created state, while external deliverables revert to an Open state. You can update and action these deliverables as normal. See Updating the status of deliverables.
To add a new supplier to a duplicated project:
- Go to the duplicated project
- Click on the green Select supplier button
- The Search for organisations pop up will appear
- Search for your supplier by name or click on the Invite organisation tab to send an invitation to your supplier
- Begin working on your project. See Working on a project.