Dazychain enables you to create custom project fields and activity fields to link to a project workflow. Custom fields are created and managed for your organisation in the Custom fields area.
There are six types of fields available:
- Number (number only field)
- Text (free text field)
- Date (date picker)
- List (dropdown list)
- True/false toggle (checkbox)
- Yearly sequence (auto-generated number in YY-01 format)
Creating custom fields:
- Click on Settings, then click on Custom fields
- In the Field management workspace, click on to create a new field group, type the name of the field group in New field group and click save
The selected field group will be highlighted in orange
- To add a field to the field group, scroll down to the Fields workspace, click on to add a new custom field and type the name e.g. Cost Centre Code, Region, Department, Budget
- Select the type of data to be used in the custom field from the dropdown list; number, text, date, list, true/false toggle, or yearly sequence
- Click on to change the privacy setting
- When privacy is turned off, the supplier can view this field. You can choose between Read only and Editable – click to change between the two settings
- Click Save to save the field
- Continue adding the fields you require
- You must link the field group to a workflow. To do this, click on the dropdown list Select workflows… at the bottom of the Fields workspace to choose the workflow and/or deliverable to which the template belongs to, then click Link it
- Use the drag and drop tool to order the custom fields. Click and hold to drag the custom field to the position you want it to appear in the list
- You can have multiple templates appear in the one workflow, these fields can also be dragged into your preferred order
Creating a List field
- To create a list, select List and enter in the first entry e.g. Melbourne
- Click on on the entry you want the next entry to appear below
- Click on to remove an entry
- Click on A-Z or Z-A to order the list alphabetically or reverse alphabetically
- Drag the icon to reorder the entries
- Click Save when completed
Creating a Yearly sequence field
The Yearly sequence field will automatically generate a number when the project or deliverable is created. This is useful for creating matter numbers or project codes.
The format of the number is YY-01, for example 18-45.
You have the option of the sequence resetting each year. This means the numbers following the year will restart at 01 upon the commencement of a new year. If this is not selected, the number sequence will continue from the previous year, for example 18-132, 19-133 instead of 19-01.
There is also the Unique per workflow option. If selected, each workflow the Yearly sequence field is assigned to will have its own unique count, instead of continuing the count across all workflows within the organisation. Do not check this box if you do not want duplication of numbers across your organisation.