Release date: 5 October 2018
The Dazychain shared drive
This shared drive will enable you to access your Dazychain files through a shared drive from My Computer. This means you won't have to be logged into Dazychain in your web browser to upload, download, and work on documents.
For those users who haven't been able to use the Outlook add-in, you can now drag and drop your emails from Outlook straight into the relevant project or deliverable in the Dazychain Drive.
The Dazychain team can assist your IT team in setting up the Dazychain shared drive. Contact us if you would like to arrange a short workshop to get started.
- Streamline loading and accessing your documents in Dazychain
- Streamline your document access: editing in place
- You no longer have to download, edit, attach and repeat
Advantages of the Dazychain Drive
- Copy multiple files at one time – bulk upload (document, emails)
- Copy multiple documents to the project or the Dazychain Drive
- Edit files directly
- Add documents directly without going through the browser
- Delete files: right click, select delete
- Copy an individual document to a project on Dazychain – it will be available on the Dazychain Drive
- Mange your folder structure directly
- Create folders
- Rename folders
- Delete matters
- Delete folders (too risky)
- Add folders inside projects (not a Dazychain concept)
- Unsaved Word documents need to be saved to your computer or local drives first, before uploading to Dazychain. Once done, you can edit directly from the file. (This is a Microsoft protocol we can't change - trust us, we have tried!)
- Folder, project, deliverable and file names containing apostrophes or other special characters don't display properly (hyphens and colons are ok)